Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Conviction

I've got a confession to make.

I've been SOUR lately.

I mean SOUR....I'm almost positive that everyone around me is aware that this person who they normally know to be all smiles has been rather rotten lately.

I have not been patient, kind, or loving. I've just been quiet and sour and impatient and well, ROTTEN.

Why? I honestly cannot say. But I have a few ideas.

I've only been reading my Bible hit and miss. I've not been journaling or praying with any regularity. I have not been focusing on the kingdom of God or taking responsibility for my sanctification. I've been allowing myself to be anxious about many things. I've not been trusting in God or looking to Him.

I allowed vacation to crowd out my Christianity.

I must remember Ephesians 2:8-10 and pray that the Holy Spirit would work in my life to bring me where God would have me be, namely, Galatians 5:22-23.

The good news is that conviction for my SIN has come.

I trust that God will use this season of rebellion to strengthen me.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Victoria for your complete honesty. It has definitely hit home for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D