Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Blessing

Well, I have wonderful news to report, my state of wandering has passed.

I wrote my last post Sunday evening and began my week the next morning with a new resolve: read 5 Psalms and a Proverb every morning, journal and pray about what I read.

I was not able to do this every morning, but I did it more mornings than not.

On top of all that, I had much work to do. At our house I had guests to prepare for and the regular daily tasks to keep up with. I also had a garden to whip into shape for an elderly Christian lady I spend time with.

Slowly but surely, I felt the peace and joy of God coming back to me. It was not until Saturday morning that I realized I had passed through the "night".

I was on the way to the river with my family and a song came on my iPod. I have heard this song countless times, but that day it nearly made me cry with JOY.





I realize I am being brief and you hardly know what the Lord was doing in my life. Yet, I believe my latest struggle is a testimony to God's gracious faithfulness. He is good and He continues to work in our hearts even when we seem to be corrupting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D