Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Time


It looks like everyone has been very busy lately.

I have been gone for last five weeks and enjoyed taking that time away from the computer.

Aside from a contact that had to be made, I did not even think about FB, e-mail, blogging, or any of it! I'm amazed at how dependent many people (including myself) have allowed themselves to become on technology. I'm equally amazed at how easy it is just to walk away from it and do with out it.

No doubt, when rightly applied, technology is a great blessing.

Even so, there are some words of wisdom we must apply.

1 Corinthians 6:12 & 10:23, 31
12 All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.

23 All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.

31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Let us not be slaves to technology and the convenience it supplies. Rather, let us use it so far as it enables us to serve God and one another better.

In short, may technology be a tool we use to serve God rather than a master we serve.

1 comment:

  1. It does look like everyone's been gone! Thanks so much for continuing to post so faithfully. I hope everything picks up when the school year starts. :P

    ReplyDelete

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D