Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding: Prince William and Catherine


Sarah reminded me that today was the Prince William and Catherine Middleton's wedding.
I was eager to see what Kate Middleton's bridal gown would look like and found myself pulled into the Royal Wedding vacuum. It was so beautiful to watch--the dresses, the ceremony, the exchange of vows, and the priestly blessing were all so elegant and perfect.
Watch the Royal Wedding Live!
The Royal Wedding Page
William and Catherine become Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Earl and Countess of Strathearn, and Baron and Baroness Carrickfergus
'First Kiss' on Balcony of Buckingham Palace
Royal Wedding Hats
Duchess Catherine's Dress:
"Workers washed their hands every 30 minutes to keep the lace and threads pristine, and the needles were renewed every three hours, to keep them sharp and clean."
It was a Fairy Tale Wedding...like stepping between the pages of the Cinderella in the Brother's Grimm.
But it made me so excited...
For the wonderful gift of salvation He has given me:
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."~61:10
I also thought it interesting that Kate Middleton is not nobility, yet she married Prince William and can be Queen Catherine the Sixth.
It reminded me that, although I am not of royal blood, the Son has chosen me for his Bride and His Father has adopted me as an heir to his eternal blessings.
What a blessing it is to be called an heir and child of God:
"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!' So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God."~Galatians 4:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D