Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Trust

Do you trust God?

Think on that for a moment.

Do you really trust God?

Or in the words of Del Tackett: "Do you really believe that what you believe is really real?"

I've had ongoing health problems since I was 10. Sometimes things are worse. Sometimes they're better. Last week they were worse.

One evening, I went to my bedroom, sat on the floor in the dark, and just cried. I was so tired. Tired of feeling sick. Tired of pain. Tired of not being able to do the things I wanted, even normal everyday things. I cried for a long time. I also prayed.

During the height of my sobbing, I heard a voice. (To clarify: I did not hear an actual audible voice; it was more like a feeling in my mind.) "Do you trust me?"

That brought me up short. I thought for a minute.

"Do you trust me?"

And I realized that I didn't. I certainly would have said that I did. I thought that I was trusting God. And I realized that there was my problem in a nutshell. I didn't trust God.

Immediately I prayed. I confessed that I hadn't trusted him, and I realized that trust was a choice, not a feeling. I resolved to trust him in the future. At once I felt "the peace of God, which passeth all understanding" (Philippians 3:7) And I knew that God would take care of me. That doesn't necessarily mean that he will heal me...but he will take care of me.

Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him"

So I ask again, Do you trust God?

Blessings,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D