Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A week of time away...

Last year this time, life was a lot different. We were heading out for Spring Break in Tucson and had a lovely time there.
I was so thrilled about the Butterfly Garden we visited--butterflies are my favorite flying creature.
We're leaving tomorrow for Virginia. I'm so excited, I know I won't get any sleep tonight. We're taking a plane to South Carolina and then driving the rest of the way...home.
We're moving to Virginia in June and I'm really happy to be living so close to relatives. Both my mom and dad are from the same town (the one Daddy's retiring in) and all except a small few of my extended relations live there. It will be quite a change for me--going from City Girl to Country Girl, Military Brat to Civilian. I think I'll like it, though. My mom's concerned that I'll be disappointed with Country life and long for groups of friends and large shopping centers. And I probably will...
But God knows best. He's so good to me. He planned, even before Grandaddy's birth in 1910, to have my Great-Grandfather live for 91 years and die two days ago. And have the funeral coincide with our Spring Break trip.
My Dad grew up on Grandaddy's Milk Farm and was very close to both his Grandmother (who passed away last year) and Grandaddy. Both of my parents always remarked how delicious Grandmother's apple pie was. Daddy did a lot with his Grandpa and says he can still remember going to see his first movie with him. I'm so thankful my Jesus kept my Great-Grandparents alive so long. I have wonderful memories about them and feel so lucky to have known them. I will miss going to Grandmother and Grandaddy's house after it is sold.
But God knows best.
It's so wonderful to have an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving God.
Have a lovely break, if you are taking one.
Hopefully I'll have plenty of pictures of Springtime in the Country to share next week when I return.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to the pictures you have to share with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D