Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

You Can Make it At Home

I hate to admit it but I have not only eaten Hamburger Helper, I have also enjoyed it! However, I do get creeped out knowing how it is made, or rather, not knowing what's really in each of those little packets.

Even so, I found myself in the mood for the "Cheesy Enchilada" version of Hamburger Helper. I haven't had it in years and couldn't remember much about it other than that I really enjoyed it. I got online and searched for home made versions. I did not find exactly what I was looking for, but I was helped and I did enjoy the out come.

I thought I'd share two things with you. First of all the recipe that I used as well as a link to the post by a woman who has figured out how to make many different versions at home.

Cheesy Beef Taco:

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef, browned
2 1/4 C hot water
1/2 C milk
1 C rice, uncooked
1/2 C tomato sauce
1 1/2 C shredded cheese
1 C Fritos

for the sauce packet
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

- Mix all ingredients except cheese and fritos in a large skillet. Once it begins to boil, turn down the heat to keep it at a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until rice is done.

- Remove lid, stir in 1 C. cheese and Fritos, let thicken for about 5 minutes.

-Just before you serve sprinkle another 1/2 C. cheese on top.

It's simple, it's easy, it's quick, and it tastes pretty good too!

Here's the link! I cannot endorse her site because I did not look around, but I certainly found this particle post to be very helpful!

I Hope You Will Check Out the Other Varieties For Yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D