Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Salvation is Here

Jesus has come. Jesus has died. Jesus has risen from the grave. Jesus has ascended into heaven.

Many of us have come to face our sin and realize that we are in desperate need of a Savior to cleanse us that we might enjoy fellowship with God. By the grace of God, salvation has come.

We wait, with much eagerness for the day this life will be over, when our joy will be perfected in the presence of God. We wait, with much eagerness for the day that Jesus Christ will return, and His kingdom will be established in the New Jerusalem.

While we wait, what do we do? Are we sitting by in our rockers praising God? Are we fooling about with all that this life has to offer?

Or, are we laboring to let those around us see the joy we have in God? Are we laboring to share the good news of the Gospel with all that we possibly can?

Join me in asking: Am I using my life in a way that cultivates a spirit of dependence on and joy in God in my own life as well as in the lives of those around me?

If the answer is yes, may I hold fast to texts like Galatians 6.

If the answer is no, may I look to texts like Psalm 73.


Salvation is here, are you living like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D