Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

All there...

Jim Elliot once said, "Wherever you are, be all there."
So, where are you?
Are you all there? Are you only/entirely/wholly there?
It's easy to give an appearance of being all in a situation without really giving up anything. i.e. being in a relationship with God and still having other idols alongside Him. I find that I often set up pedestals and raise them next to God without even realizing it. (I only recognize them when God takes them away.)
So, again, are you all there? In that situation where you feel like you want to run away? Or in that moment when you could be ministering and don't feel like it?
I know I'm not...
I read a great post at "A Sojourner Rests" yesterday and wanted to share it with you,
"When we first moved to the desert I was amazed at so many things I had never seen before. As a homeschool family we did unit studies on the Sonoran, Mojave, Chihuahuan, and the Great Basin deserts of North America.... and my amazement grew.
I am not sure the children enjoyed all of our field trips and studies but we learned names of cacti, trees and animal life that we had never encountered before.
It was all new to us and we got excited the first time we saw mirages, saguaro cactus, a scorpion or a road runner and marveled at how anything could live in the hot, dry, arid climate.

Then we began to learn other things that weren't so fun and interesting."
click here to read the rest

So, how are you going to be all there this day? This hour? This minute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D