Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Life In a Nutshell

Trying to sum up my life in a blog post is like trying to squeeze the contents of the ocean into a canning jar. Not exactly easy. Where to begin? Oh, maybe I should start with my name. Hi, I'm Julie Baron. :) I'm the fourth child in a family with six children, the third girl of four, with two brothers. I have a five-year-old niece and two nephews, ages four and one. I have two amazing parents who have been married for 28 years: a mother who home-schooled me, and a father who has always been actively involved in my life.

I'm 18, a senior in high school, and attending Pikes Peak Community College. This spring, I'll graduate from high school (finally!) and Pikes Peak with my Associate of Arts degree in English. After that, it's most likely on to UCCS to get a bachelor's in English. What then? No one knows but God.

I absolutely love to write fiction, which is why I'm majoring in English. I also love to act in plays, sing, read, and cook. I'm a nanny for a six-year-old boy, which I absolutely love. I hope to eventually get married, have kids, and be a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom. I love the color blue, chocolate, and cats.

Fiction Book I’ve Been Reading: Gail Carson Levine's Ella Enchanted

Non Fiction Book I’ve Been Reading: Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest

Favorite Place to Go: Anywhere with friends

Favorite Chore: Laundry

A Passion of Mine: Working with children

An important Bible verse that God has been using to teach me lately: Proverbs 3:5-8 and Psalm 37:4

Goal for 2010: I'm stealing Victoria's, because she worded it well, and it's my goal too. :) Be more disciplined in all areas. Basically to be diligent to have a well balanced schedule. Including sleep, exercise, spiritual development, and so forth.

That's all I can think of for now. Welcome to "Learning to Long for God Alone." :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D