Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meet Hannah

My name is Hannah, and I'm eighteen. The Lord saved me two years ago. Since that wonderful day, He has done many amazing things in my life. My heavenly Father has brought me wonderful blessings and led me through some very trying times. All these times have brought me closer to Him. I firmly believe that every experience the Lord places in our lives is there for a reason. We may not always understand that reason, but there is a reason.
I am preparing to begin college this fall. My degree will be a BA in Elementary Education. The Lord has laid working with elementary age, high-risk children on my heart. There is much about the Lord's will that I do not know,yet, but I am simply following Him, knowing that He will show me His will in His time. While I wait and prepare for college, I am following the Lord in church work and finishing my final year of high school.
Some of my hobbies include writing, reading, and playing (well at least trying to play) guitar. I also thoroughly enjoy almost anything crafty. One of my favorite places to be is outside. It doesn't matter if its gardening, raking, mowing, or shoveling snow, I just love being outside.
Favorite Verses: Philippians 4:8, Romans 8:28, and Psalms 91
Favorite Songs: "That You Might Know Me", "Beautiful", "The Lion and the Lamb" (by Anne Barbour) and "Let Jesus Come into Your Heart" (this was the hymn that was playing when I got saved)
Favorite Fiction Books: Hinds Feet on High Places (by Hannah Hurnard); Emma (by Jane Austen); A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael (by Elisabeth Elliot); and an endless list of others
Favorite Housework: Washing Dishes
Goal for this year: To know God greater,learn to prioritize, and gain better time management skills.
I pray that this blog will be a blessing in the lives of all that read it, and that all the readers may come to know the love and bounties that the Lord has for His children.





1 comment:

We are welcome to comments! Please use the Thumper rule. :D